Feature Update: Sentiment Measuring
SwipeGuide is constantly evolving and improving in order to give our customers the best possible tool to create effective instructions. Here are our latest improvements!
New feature: Sentiment measuring
→ Improve your instructions based on real feedback from your end-users.
- This helpful feature enables platform admins to measure customer satisfaction.
- Based on a 1-5 star rating or yes/no questions.
- Includes customizable follow-up questions.
- Choose when rating and follow-up question should appear.
- Track your sentiment measurement campaigns in the editor CMS settings.
SwipeGuide for SwipeGuide
- It would be ironic if SwipeGuide didn’t come with a SwipeGuide, right? You can now find all the information you need in order to get started with creating visual step-by-step user guides with SwipeGuide here.
Bugs & Fixes
- Images only up to 2MB & loading time sloooow
→ Images can now be done up to 5MB and loading is faster.
- Not possible to disable a user from the CMS.
→ Admins can now disable users.
- Bullet points in content do not always style properly.
→ Now they style nice and orderly.
- Error message in the console when a user is uploading an image in a step
→ Error message no more.
- Platform logo preview doesn’t fit the screen.
→ Now the logo fits the preview & looks pretty.
- In the step-editor, the ‘+’ icons are not working (only clicking on text works).
→ This UX flaw is now fixed.
- High default workflow security level blocks editors to edit all guides.
→ Default level set to low to allow all editors of an organization to edit all guides.
Good luck with using the even better SwipeGuide instruction platform. And of course – if you have any questions or feedback about these updates, feel free to contact us!