We are here to help!
- The editor has the option to create a single guide or a manual.
The general purpose of guides and manuals is simple: to provide simple and better understanding of product instructions through text, images, and video explanations.
- Each guide contains several slides inside. The slides are providing the valuable product instructions.
- A manual contains several guides. The guides inside of a manual are divided into topics.
- The guides that belong to the same topic are connected with each other, since they share the same purpose.
- A single guide doesn’t contain other guides inside. A single guide isn’t connected to other guides, since it’s purpose is unique and linked to the topic.
- Sometimes, the title of the topic can be invisible. This is due to …
- Every manual contains several topics. Each topic has it’s own guides, whose content shares the purpose of the topic. For example, if the topic title is “Unboxing your product”, the topic will contain guides of which the content is related to unboxing and opening the package of the product. Such guides are connected with each other in the manual.
- Guides whose instruction is related to another purpose, such as “Using the product”, will belong to a different topic. Therefore, they will not be related to guides that belong in different topics.
- The cover uploader of a manual supports image files only.
- When creating guides inside a manual, the editor has to publish the guides and the manual itself to make the created content visible to the homepage of SwipeGuide users.
- If the editor has forgotten to publish the guides, the manual will stay empty. Other users will not be able to see the information within the manual.
- Guides/manuals must be published in order to appear on the homepage of SwipeGuide. If the editor forgets to publish them, then the guides/manuals will not be visible on the homepage.
- The editor can create new categories in the “admin settings” page. In this page, the editor can find the “Category management” field. In this field he/she can create new categories or delete existing categories.
- The speed of the uploader depends on the size of the pictures and videos. Content with a bigger size needs more time to upload than the content whose size is smaller. Smaller pictures upload faster than bigger pictures. The same goes for smaller vs. bigger videos.
- Categories that already contain guides and manuals cannot be deleted. Only so called ‘empty’ categories, that don’t contain any guides or manuals, can be deleted.
- Categories that contain other sub-categories created under them also cannot be deleted.